Wall Worm 2.625 Released: VMF Importer Fixes

Started by wallworm, July 08, 2015, 12:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 2.625 released on 7-8-2015

* VMF Importer: Fixed bug importing VMF with displacements that are missing offset and offset_normal data.

* VMF Importer: Fixed bug when importing VMF files with infodecal and info_overlay entities.

* VMF Importer: Fixed incorrect orientation on info_overlay entities (so the overlay aligns to the first side in its sidelist). Infodecals will look for brush intersection and align to the closest face of the closest intersecting brush.

* VMF Importer: Updated the size of infodecal and info_overlay entities to take into account the $decalscale property of the VMT.

* VMF Importer: Updated the VMF Importer dialog to check for any prop entities in the scene before parsing all the entities in the modelsrc directory. If no entities with a model attribute are found, the modelsrc directory isn't scanned and parsed.

wallworm

There is a follow-up update that also adds to the correctness of the VMF Importer and overlays/decals. But it's not fully tested. If you want to test it, get the Dev version of WW . It has some other updates/changes related to displacements that I need to test and document before actually releasing. But feel free to download this DEV and test.

Note that in this upcoming update, I spent a lot of time attacking the infamous Unknown System Exception error that happens with VMF imports (and some other parsing like the FGD parser). I finally got to the bottom of it. It happens due to unexpected line endings.

Often, if you have a VMF that doesn't import, open it in a text editor and add a new line at the very end of the file and save... then re-try.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk