(WW 2.828) Weld Vertices Import Function not working

Started by Primarina, June 11, 2016, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarina

FYI, I am using Windows 10 and Max 2015.

So I was using the Wallworm importer as usual. When I imported the model into Max, the model loaded up very quickly, which made me suspect that something was wrong with the Weld Vertices function as it generally takes a lot longer to load the model into Max.

Then I decided to check out this issue by using Select Element and it turns out the vertices aren't welded even through I checkboxed Weld Vertices in the importer settings as seen below here.

wallworm

Please look at the rollout at the bottom of the Models tab in the  global setting. When on, the weld will happen even with non-staticprop.

Note there is a quirk when using this on skinned models: the mesh will contain multiple "dead vertices". That shouldn't affect using the model to re-export, but it's not very clean. It's a known issue with the importer and skinned meshes.

Primarina

Quote from: wallworm on June 12, 2016, 11:12:42 AM
Please look at the rollout at the bottom of the Models tab in the  global setting. When on, the weld will happen even with non-staticprop.

Note there is a quirk when using this on skinned models: the mesh will contain multiple "dead vertices". That shouldn't affect using the model to re-export, but it's not very clean. It's a known issue with the importer and skinned meshes.

Alright, looks like the weld went through as usual after applying this change. Thanks!

wallworm

I'm not sure what you mean by you "can't" delete them? Are you saying that Max just doesn't allow it?

EDIT: Looks like your answer was edited. So I assume all is good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk