WWMT 1.899 Released

Started by wallworm, May 15, 2013, 12:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 1.899 released on 5-15-2013

◦ WWMT: Updated the WWMT Export to automatically create the mod's model folder path to a model when exporting. This fixes a problem where some mods and compilers won't allow studiomdl.exe to create the folders.
◦ Entity: Added New Entity Tools have been added. You can create point and brush entities if you have assigned your mod's FGD to the global settings. Entities include native Inputs and Outputs too. Note it is best to use FGD files that are single files (for example, don't use the @include option if possible--it is best to combine your nested FGD files into a single file as sometimes the parsing fails on nested FGD files).
◦ VMF: Updated exporter to collect entity data from the new entity tools.
◦ Proxies: Updated the min/max fade properties to utilize the appropriate properties of new Entities.
◦ Settings: Added new import button. This will allow you to set the Bin and other directories by browsing for the GameConfig.txt for your mod or collection of mods that share storage in that file.
◦ Settings: Added a little error detection to stop from loading a corrupt presets file.

This is a major update in terms of the features. The entity toolbars only work if you have the mod'f FGD file set in the global settings. Please note that the FGD parser can be slow especially if the FGD file has a lot of invalid syntax or nested FGD files. I suggest making a single FGD for your mod when using WW--it will parse faster and be more reliable.

I will try to share some documentation on usage as soon as I can get some time. Essentially, add an entity with the Point Entity tool ( under Wall Worm > Level Design > Point Entities ). Edit it's properties and Inputs and outputs by selecting it and going to the Modify tab in Max.

For brushes, select the brush(es) and open the Brush Entity tools   ( under Wall Worm > Level Design > Brush Entities ). The choose the entity and click Tie to Entity.

wallworm

Ha thanks!

Not awesome enough, it appears. I had to release an update already because the new import function had a failure on fresh installs. That should be fixed now in 1.8991 .

wallworm

And I found another bug with fresh installs. So there is now a new minor update at WWMT 1.8993 .

Neil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk