Error "func_breakable_surf"

Started by daniele87, May 03, 2014, 08:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I've found the problem and will release a fix for this shortly.

wallworm

I've loaded a new version of WW that fixes the problem. It was related to the Origin Rotation settings in WWMT. The orientation of props needs to be rotated 90 degrees in the VMF if the prop wasn't exported with the Rotated Origin setting... but this was removed in the latest version of WW accidentally. It should export as expected now.

wallworm

Daniel,

I've fixed the bug altogether. Download the very latest Wall Worm and the offsets of your brushes will be fixed. The problem was that the VMF exporter was writing an origin command in brush entities that should not have had that parameter.

A couple things to note about the level to compile properly straight from Max:

1) The sky brushes should not be tagged as 3D Sky in this scene because it seals the 3D Sky and not the playable sky. (If you want to use the 3d Sky functions, then make two sky boundaries--the inner one being the boundary of the playable area and the outer sky boundary the boundary where 3d sky objects will go. If you happen to add a Sky Camera to this level, then there will be a leak unless you do this.)

2) The base of the level has a leak because there is no world geometry underneath the building.

3) So that the compiler skips the WWMT Helpers aligned outside the building (the original WWMT models and not the proxies) you should select all of those WWMT helpers and then click Wall Worm > Wall Worm Level Design > Exclude Export of Model. By doing this, the root models with the WWMT helpers will not export into the VMF and will not leak.

I look forward to seeing more of your progress.

And are you the same as the composer that appears under your name? If so, please add your link to your profile and signature so others can be exposed to your great music!

daniele87

Thank you so much Shawn, finally now it export correctly.. and thanks for your valuable advice!! Very helpful and very pleasant!! ;)
I am that composer that you have seen :) I have upgraded my signature as you suggested. Thanks for appreciating my music.

Grazie!

wallworm

Excellent. I'm glad that was resolved. That's what you get when you try to develop new things too fast :) I added support for func_tracktrain entities last week but only tested in scenes with standard world geometry, tracktrains and point entities. I had not tested other scenes with other brush entities after that update.

And great music! It's the kind of music I love to listen to while working. I love sound-tracks. For many years I've been listening to the Last of the Mohicans sound track by Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman. Also I've listened a lot to the Bourne Identity sound tracks while at the computer, among others. Now I have a new collection to add to my list :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk