can't find steam app user info error PLEASE HELP ME :(

Started by omegadavid99, May 05, 2014, 06:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omegadavid99

yesterday i started having this error and i tried a lot of stuff to fix it and now i wish to ask you if you know how to fix this error. please help me

wallworm

Usually, this is a result of Steam having done an update. When that is the case, just run  the game and/or the SDK for it once (like open Hammer).

It might also be possible the error is coming from naming a bitmap a number value alone... but that's just me thinking out loud.

wallworm

Was there some update to the mod you are using? This seems entirely like a Steam-related issue... of which I have no control. All the mods I'm exporting to work as expected.

Maybe someone else has some input.

Steeldrgn

Usually this is a problem with pathways to the programs you are trying to access. Here is a solution that is on the official Valve developer site.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Can%27t_find_steam_app_user_info.

I have had problems with it before like you. I would recommend you reinstalling or verifying the cache for the SDK tools if the above does not work.

Joris Ceoen

I think I have had that a few times, refreshing the cache of the mod/game you're working with could help fix the issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk