Shawn's Convexity Wishlist

Started by wallworm, October 12, 2011, 07:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Here is my wishlist for Convexity. Feel free to add to the list. Please only make suggestions if you already own and use Convexity (so if you don't... go buy it now... it will change your mapping life forever!)

###########  Textures  ###########

* Use Material Name only... ignore material type (Except Multi/Sub-object which should apply the material name of each slot per face) --it is already available

########### Lighting  ###########

* Add Dreamscape Sun support-- export as light_environment

###########  WSVE  #############

* Add Texture View that has a texture overlay... give an opacity slider for overlay
* Display current grid spacing
* Add multi-wall WSVE mode
* Apply WSVE to floors (Floor Top View Editor)

###########  Export #############

Since WW now has a VMF Exporter... there are no longer priorities of mine.

* Add prop_static/prop_dynamic/prop_physics for WWMT models
* Add WW Sky Writer to map skyname
* Export WW Displacements - or better yet, make a better displacement tool than WW Displacements inside CVX!

############  Files  #############

* Open Convexity .max File from Vault

BUGS

* Libray Shape List Editor broken in Max 2012

COSSMOS

What do you mean with:

Open Convexity .max File from Vault???

I would take that File and rename it to "MaxStart.max" and when I start Max it would Load that File as default, or do you mean something else???

wallworm

Quote from: COSSMOS on November 29, 2011, 05:37:36 AM
What do you mean with:

Open Convexity .max File from Vault???

Vault is a data management software for design teams. It lets multiple people in multiple locations work on the same project at the same time.

Max has a native Vault hook (in the menu, choose File > Open > Open From Vault). Convexity has it's own open function (Open Convexity .max File). If you happen to open a Convexity file with the normal Open functions and Convexity isn't already open, you can lose the special Convexity data in the scene. Having a special Open Convexity from Vault would help protect you from that scenario.

I already use Vault and Convexity together with no problem... but I use the Vault client app to get/check out files... which doesn't have the problem mentioned above. But most students may not have access to Vault and only the built-in Open from Vault of Max.

Hopefully that makes sense... :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk