WWDT Version 2

Started by wallworm, October 14, 2011, 10:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I'm working on an altogether different system for the new displacement tool version. The improvements are speed. IN version 1, it can sometimes take a long time to go into "Edit Mode".

I already have most of the re-write done.

Some of the new key features are that you can copy displacements in the viewport, lock/unlock their transforms. I've also added some other workflow optimizations (the edit mode mesh is now automatically on the Modifier panel so you can immediately sculpt; the paint mode goes straight to the vertex paint brush, etc). I've also added a couple new presets (Tunnel and Tube).

Even with the rewrite, I'm wanting a little more speed in getting into the Edit Mode. I have now begun my introduction into C++ and the Max SDK. That ought to be fun. When I finish the C++ version of the edit mode, I will keep the current version available in WWMT. I will likely make the faster C++ version a paid app... don't worry... it'll be no more than $10-$15. So if you will want the speed of it, you can pay for it and help support all this craziness! If that's too much for your budget... well you'll still have the scripted version.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk