3DS Max 2012 SMD Import Freeze

Started by cj1094, June 26, 2014, 12:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cj1094

Hello,

I looked at this thread http://www.wallworm.net/index.php?topic=1038.0
and it had the solution I was looking for. However, I have to do this everytime
I import a .qc file.

Please fix this for 64bit Max 2012. Thank you :)

- Carl

wallworm

The steps in that link should only affect people who 1) have the Carver Plugin and 2) do not have the latest version of Carver and WW. So if you have the problem stated there, you should delete the WW MACROSCRIPTS as explained in link, update WW and Carver, start Max, run WW Installer... then immediately restart Max.

I tested in 2012 today and was able to import several QC/SMD combos without any problems.

I did learn that the SMD Import will fail if the SMD is has NODE IDs that are missing (for example, 1, 2, 5, 7 ... where there is no 3, 4 and 6 ... and perhaps also if the index does not start at 0).

In any event, I cannot recreate the problem you speak of. Please make sure you have the latest Service Pack for Max 2012 . I also recommend using Max 2014+. I do not intend on testing very much in 2012 in the future... and there are Skin bugs in 2013 that are part of Max itself and I do not intend to even consider seeking a workaround.

Max 2014 produces the best results.

cj1094

Does the importer sometimes take a while to import a model?

wallworm

It can... especially a high-poly model or one with a lot of bones and/or animations.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk