Geometry and WWMT helper error

Started by Jack,justjack, September 11, 2014, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack,justjack

I used wall worm successfully in the past but I had to get my computer fixed long story short I had to re-download 3ds max and wall worm. But now when trying to export a model from 3ds into hammer using the wall worm exporter when I try to pick the model and add selection I get a pop-up saying: "some geometry cannot be used (for example, a WWMT helper)," even though I edit the geometry to attach the meshes into polygons which has worked in the past. I haven't used wall worm in a long time so if anyone could help me on this problem I'd appreciate it. Thank you

wallworm

I'm not sure what the issue might be. Click File > Save As > Archive and send me the zip file with your problem scene. I'll see what is amiss.

Joris Ceoen

Might be misunderstanding the question, but if it says that a WWMT helper cannot be used as geometry, did you by accident added the WWMT helper as geometry to your model?

Jack,justjack

Jorisceoen I don't believe I did when I select the model using the Wall worm model tool the helper is added automatically like it's supposed to, but thanks for the input. Here's a couple pictures if they would help at all http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/brandons526/library/?sort=3&page=1

wallworm

They way you get that error is if you select only objects that are already part of the mesh list or the WWMT itself when adding nodes. The message occurs when, after clicking the Add Sel button, the number of items in the model list did not grow.

To see what objects are already in the list, click the Select Model button in WWMT and the current objects that are part of the object will be selected in these scene. If these are all already part of the model, they cannot be added.

Hopefully that clears up the issue.

Jack,justjack

I figured it out that was the reason Shawn thanks a lot! I'm a typical newbie making newbie mistakes haha I just started using wall worm again so I'm trying to relearn how to do everything again. Thanks a lot for the help I'll make sure to make a donation on my next paycheck, you deserve it.

wallworm

Quote from: Jack,justjack on September 12, 2014, 06:32:09 PM
I figured it out that was the reason Shawn thanks a lot! I'm a typical newbie making newbie mistakes haha I just started using wall worm again so I'm trying to relearn how to do everything again.

Glad you figured it out.

One of the best resources for learning about the broader WW toolset (more than just the WWMT UI) you may want to read Hammered to the Max: A Hammer User's Guide to 3ds Max. You may find useful information in there.

Quote from: Jack,justjack on September 12, 2014, 06:32:09 PM
Thanks a lot for the help I'll make sure to make a donation on my next paycheck, you deserve it.
That's appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk