Model and Collision hull won't align

Started by the6thmonkey, November 02, 2014, 05:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the6thmonkey

Hey, just looking for a bit of help
I've been getting a weird problem when compiling my model using the wall worm tools.  As the title says the model and collision hull won't align no matter what values I assign.  Also less of a problem but still probably related, after compiling I find my model has rotated when I get to hammer.
If you need any information about my model to be able to help me, please request and I'll happily post it
Cheers

wallworm

Could you please share some more details about the model?

Here are some things you can do to fix most kinds of problems like this: use the Reset XForm in the Utilities tab of the command panel on your geometry (both the model and the collision model).

If this is an animated model, you will need to skin the hull elements to the nodes or bones in the original model. Note that each element must be skinned 100% to a single bone, and each bone can only have one hull element skinned to it.

Also, are you using the latest version of WW? There was an update a few days ago that should make this less of a hassle for people. Let me know what version you are using.

the6thmonkey

Thanks for the help, I solved the issue.  I think its because I was using an editable poly instead of a mesh.
The version of wall worm I was using was 3.0.3
Thanks for the help :)

wallworm

Well using an editable poly would not be the cause of the error. Editable Poly is usually more preferred with modeling than editable mesh because it has far more tools for modeling. So it was probably some other issue. Report back if it happens again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk