Help with setting up paths

Started by CosmoPanda, November 23, 2014, 11:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmoPanda

So first of all, I'm very new to all of this and I have just finished downloading and installing the softwares needed.

Anyway, I was following the video on how to set paths up but I got stuck where I needed to import the gameconfig.txt (I was setting up the path for DotA 2). I found the gameinfo.txt and I selected it to be imported but when I tried to import it, nothing happened. Literally nothing. No presets appeared so I can't really start trying to make cosmetics :( Help please. Thanks in advance!

Joris Ceoen

I'm not sure about this but Dota2 uses Source 2 which is currently not supported by WWMT. Shawn has said in his Hammered to the Max that he might add support for it later on when it releases on big scale (which is probably going to be near 2016 or something?).

Other than that I have no idea if that is actually the case and it could be anything else. Normally it should just work, which is why I led to believe the aforementioned.

Shawn has a better idea on this subject, I haven't come across anyone trying to work with Dota yet on WWMT.

wallworm

The file to load is GameConfig.txt, not gaminfo.txt.

In any event, it looks like Hammer now sends its files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota_ugc\game\bin\win64\resourcecompiler.exe which I don't know anything about yet. The executables traditionally used for models, textures and levels are gone. So until I get time to learn about the new compile tools, WW won't be able to support them.

Joris Ceoen

Quote from: wallworm on November 24, 2014, 10:58:46 AM
GameConfig.txt, not gaminfo.txt.
My bad, I always mistake that when people ask this :'( It's indeed GameConfig.txt

It seems that as Shawn once demonstrated pretty much everything is model in Source 2. Maybe Valve made it so everything gets compiled by using the same extension that recognizes the required process judging from a possible .QC replacement (or .QC again, no idea).

Perhaps this page might help you further: http://www.dota2.com/workshop/requirements

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk