Exporting Sequence smd [Solved]

Started by saref, November 19, 2014, 07:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saref

When I export the sequence smd,

and then import, bones scattered everywhere.

What could be the problem?

wallworm

Well, I don't really have the answer off the top of my head. It could be the settings in the Importer, it could also be a bug. For sequences, use the Animated Model checkbox and likely none of the following options. My best guess is that the importer presumes the bones pre-existed in the scene and are then moved for the sequence; if this is true, the importer may be skipping a crucial aspect of the coordinate system root/axis. It's hard to say.

I must ask why you are re-importing the sequence when you already have the original bones and presumably their animations?

saref

I want to make a ragdoll for Garry's Mod. So I need sequence smd "ragdoll.smd". In this file there are no animations.
I tried to change the settings of the importer. The problem is not the importer. The problem is in the exporter. Because sequences are exported using the previous version WWMT exporter works fine. Well this is my opinion.

wallworm

I'm not sure we are even talking the same thing. The importer is far more likely to be inaccurate than the exporter. I'd need a lot more information to really determine what is going on.

saref

Ok. I will show screenshots yet.

I import sequence smd with these settings:

After importing I move the animation to 1 frame, and the result is this:

But the skeleton should not move at all.

wallworm

The only way for me to know is for you to send me the original files you are importing. Zip them and send to my email address in the WW download readme.

saref

I send you a file to your email address 14 hours ago. I hope you can help me.

wallworm

SO I've got the files. I imported both. And yes, I see that one is not as good as the other.

There are a couple things. First, I suggest downloading the very latest version of WW.

Second, I suggest that you work with the original scenes instead of importing SMDs.

I'm not exactly sure where the error was introduced in this setup. Where are the original models and animations coming from?

Since there is a native MDL viewer/importer under works, I do not have much time at moment to look at the SMD importer.

saref

I downloaded the model. And I myself did animation. But it does not matter

Well, as you can see, the normal SMD (ragdoll.smd) has been exported to the old version of the exporter - "Sequence File generated by the Wall Worm SMD Exporter 1.63".
A wrong SMD (john_lock154.smd) has been exported to the new version of the exporter - "Sequence File generated by the Wall Worm SMD Exporter 1.71".
So I think that all the same problem in exporter. But the problem could be in another.

wallworm

Try re-exporting the sequence in the very latest version of WW. Download the latest version which has a higher SMD Exporter version #. Also make sure that you are using the exact same $origin settings across all exports.

saref

Ok. Thanks. Now the exporter works fine!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk