Wall Worm 2.4 Release Notes

Started by wallworm, December 29, 2014, 08:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orvid

The entirety of the WallWorm codebase has just been reformatted, all 80k lines (after formatting, I have no idea what it was before) spread across 180 different files. It was formatted automatically by a tool I've been working on to deal with the very inconsistent formatting used in WallWorm's codebase. Up until now, I've simply run it on the file I'm working on at the time, but it's finally gotten to the point where it's stable enough to run on the whole codebase. It's not in the current dev link, but will be in 2.42. While I don't believe I broke anything while doing it, it's perfectly possible that I did, because of the sheer size of the changes. When it takes 2.5 hours just to review the changes, you know they probably break something somewhere.

wallworm

It turns out that WW 2.41 beta had a serious set of bugs, so I've removed the download link. We'll fix it today.

wallworm

The beta was just updated again. It fixes the VMF exporter and sky writer not working in last night's beta. This version is getting close to being officially released and is going to be soon followed by the release of WW Pro.

wallworm

And another update to Beta just now... fixes problem running WW when WW Pro isn't installed.

wallworm

And another update that fixes the FGD importer.

wallworm

There is a bug in this beta regarding exporting textures. I'm looking into it.

wallworm

The beta is updated. It includes a fix to the VTF exporter thinking all bitmaps had invalid dimensions. It also adds a new Wall Worm Extra utility to randomize UVs. And there is a new installation process via the install.ms script that prompts users to agree to the WW EULA. This beta is now nearing completion. Thanks for the posts or IMs regarding bugs. If all goes well, this beta will be released this week along with a beta release of WW Pro.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk