Wall Worm 2.53 Released

Started by wallworm, January 30, 2015, 02:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 2.53 released on 1-28-2015

* Max 2012: Fixed WW not working at all in Max 2012.

* DMX Exporter: The DMX Exporter in WW Pro now supports animations and flexes. Wrinklemap support not yet added. Documentation not yet available.

* SMD Exporter: Fixed error with SMD node hierarchies introduced in a recent update.

* VMF/MAP Importer: Fixed UVs on faces where the diffuse texture is not square.

* VMF/Map Importer: Fixed face material/UVs on brush faces that have edges with close vertices.

* VMF/Map Importer: Fixed problem where some props were imported 8 Units lower than they should have been.

* VMF Importer: Fixed a problem importing some displacements.

* VMF Exporter: Bug in WW Pro where world geometry was permanently hidden in Hammer.

* Settings: Added checkboxes in global settings UI for using the MAXScript functions for the VMF Exporter and the VMT Importer when Wall Worm Pro is installed. Added so that WW Pro users can fall back to the older functions if there is a feature that is not yet added to WW Pro.

* FGD: Fixed a bug in WW Pro when parsing older FGD files with unexpected syntax (like hl2.fgd).

* Quick Hull: Updated the Hull Helper function to always make the hull nodes a child of the original nodes.

* Displacements: Updated displacement generation to automatically make Displacement Brush Nodes non-renderable at creation-time.

* WWMT: Fixed a rare bug related to adding a mesh to the WWMT Helper as a model or hull.

wallworm

Version 2.531 released on 1-30-2015

* WWMT: Added new DMX checkbox into the WWMT UI. Only available with WW Pro.

* WWMT: Optimized a few of the functions that generate the WWMT UI to load slightly faster.

wallworm

Version 2.532 released on 1-30-2015

* DMX/SMD/VTA Exporter: Added DMX setting to the export options. Renamed types from Reference SMD, Sequence SMD and VTA to Reference, Sequence and Flex.

* SMD Exporter: Added option for Goldsrc-formatted SMD.

* SMD: Fixed bug in the standalone SMD Exporter that was continuously adding nodes to the node hierarchy each time the export button was pressed.

Orvid

Just a note as-to why WW wasn't working at all in 2012, about 1 release ago I updated wwBuild (the tool I wrote to package WW builds) so that it was able to encrypt the MaxScript files itself, without relying on 3ds Max, because, due to the time it takes to start 3ds Max, it would take anywhere from 1-5 minutes to do a single build. With the tool doing the encryption, a full build of WallWorm, including all plugins, takes 3-5 seconds, which is *way* better than the 1-5 minutes it took previously.

My initial implementation worked just fine in 2013 and up because they were written in the same way as the original decryption code I was looking at; They ignore any extra trailing bytes. 2012 on the other-hand expects that there is both an end of file byte, and that the trailing padding bytes are present. After adding the EOF byte and determining how the trailing padding size is determined, I was able to get it working correctly with 2012.

2.53 and on will continue to use the encryption mechanism I wrote for wwBuild.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk