Using WWMT for Gmod TTT

Started by TooL, February 09, 2015, 05:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooL

Hey!

I got around to making some decently in depth vids on how to take a model from max to gmod with WWMT.

Figured I'd put em up here as well in case others come along asking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E4ZMMFeW7A&list=PLvXWTYAoeWSX08L-VKP1A98QJpBLiHj-R
Cheers and I always appreciate feedback :)

PS: Thanks again Shawn for making this awesome awesome tool.

Edit: fixed the embedding...strangeness.

wallworm

Thanks for making it!

The video link seems to be dead. Is there a live link?

TooL

hmm strange, I'll look at it.

Edit: Fixed. Must have just been a bugged playlist url or something..

wallworm

Thanks for sharing. I just watched the video. I hope that it helps spread the word in the Gmod world. A lot of WW users are Gmod guys-n-gals. I open it on occasion to figure out issues someone might have, but mainly hang out in CS.

One thing that can be updated or pointed out is that the paths can be imported with the Import button in the settings. If you browse for Game/bin/GameConfig.txt, the paths for that game will import into the settings and be a new Preset. So for CS, click import and browse to Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Soure/bin and pick GameConfig.txt.

The path setup has always been a headache for me as many users seem to have a problem. That's why I made the import button. The current generation is very impatient :) When I started, you had to do the same thing when setting up Hammer (which was called Worldcraft back then).

TooL

Yeah, wish I had remembered that button when I was making the video. I'll probably just throw an annotation in because getting the videos recorded were already ridiculous (OBS was crashing like every 5 mins or so and corrupting the vid...)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk