de_pontifici (CS:GO)

Started by Joris Ceoen, February 28, 2015, 03:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joris Ceoen

Although there were some new submissions that looked quite good, I'm also happy that my latest compile showed promising results in terms of scenery and perception of the medieval theme. Especially the outer walls and some func_details are currently making the map a better place in CS:GO.

I still have a lot of work, and quite frankly unless it gets extended, there's a chance I might have to cut through a good chunk of the original plans (some layout changes that were suggested are still able to be implemented, but absolutely out of the question for the deadline). That doesn't mean it currently does off to the version I want to submit. I will have cubemaps, a layout and spare optimisation ready by the time the counter reaches 0, and hopefully all the necessary stuff will be in the map. Tomorrow I will mainly have to deal with all of the 5 interior spaces and the 3DS skybox for which I'm thankful to be using WW by now  ;)

Tomorrow, the final release, and a bunch of pictures!

Joris Ceoen

At literally the last second: de_pontifici_beta03.
This final version has cubemaps, many more details, a lot of extra props and at least better cover.

I'm sad I couldn't make a 3D Skybox in time. I have the feeling time races me twice as fast when nearing a deadline, and it was the same this time around. I literally submitted my map on the last second. I also lack a decent amount of lighting tweaking (actually none...).

None is lost as I do have a lot of custom content and normally there shouldn't be any out-of-the-blue anomalies. I'm certainly not first, but I do hope to take a third place.

wallworm

Looks great Joris. It will be a favorite. And it will just get better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk