massive bounding box and funky axis?

Started by Vicky123, March 02, 2015, 05:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicky123

sorry for posting twice in one day.

i shrank my model in the correct way by turning it into an editable poly and scaling it at the sub object level, I shrank it so it was five hundred times smaller which worked and now it is perfectly sized in hammer but it is very hard to see and move because its bounding box stayed massive.

I would like to understand this more, the bounding box didnt even stay at the size the model was before i shrank it, instead it is correct in one direction, ten units, then it is two random massive numbers in the other directions. the axis in hammer dont seem to match up with the ones in max, in max when i go to the object properties it says it is ten units in they y axis even though it is upright in the viewports and should be ten units in the z axis by the looks of it. In hammer it is lying on its side by default and is indeed ten units in the y axis.

I am guessing this has something to do with absolute and local coordinates, a topic which flew right over my head in the tutorial videos and i was hoping i wouldnt have to revisit.

as for the bounding box i found a qc paramater called bbox but i am unsure of what values to enter if i am required to fix this in the qci. it says y min y max x min x max z min z max but am i supposed to just put numbers in there or what? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

wallworm

That is usually if your model is far from the world origin and you do not have the Use Local Origin as World Origin turned on. The options are to turn that on, or to move the model back to the world origin and re-export.

Vicky123

thanks lol, sorted, i didnt notice the wwmt watermark mesh thingy and when i deleted it it went back to normal :p

wallworm

Quote from: Vicky123 on March 03, 2015, 09:18:24 AM
thanks lol, sorted, i didnt notice the wwmt watermark mesh thingy and when i deleted it it went back to normal :p

WWMT doesn't actually watermark anything. If you see the funky mesh with wwmt:modelname in the compiled model, it means that you somehow assigned a WWMT Helper as a mesh inside another WWMT helper. I've seen it in the past and even done it a couple times, so it's really no big deal--but knowing how it got there is helpful to avoid doing that or getting rid of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk