wallworm cant export textures gives me error

Started by omegadavid99, March 09, 2015, 08:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omegadavid99

hi im having problem that wallorm is giving me problem when i try export textures. im using the free ww and latest version

its giving me this error

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SourceSDK\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma
terialsrc\mobius_violente>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SourceS
DK\bin\source2009\bin\vtex.exe" -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\co
mmon\GarrysMod\garrysmod" -mkdir  "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common
/SourceSDK/sourcesdk_content/hl2/materialsrc/mobius_violente/6 red gold.tga"
input file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/SourceSDK/sourcesdk_co
ntent/hl2/materialsrc/mobius_violente/6 red gold
output directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/GarrysMod/garrys
mod/materials/mobius_violente
config file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/SourceSDK/sourcesdk_co
ntent/hl2/materialsrc/mobius_violente/6 red gold.txt
ERROR: Can't open: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/SourceSDK/sour
cesdk_content/hl2/materialsrc/mobius_violente/6 red gold.tga"
Hit a key to continue

wallworm

I'm sorry you are experiencing this.

When did you last update WW? There was a bug in WW for a week or two that effected exporting VTF textures when WW Pro is not effected. So I'd download WW again. Also, follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.wallworm.net/index.php/topic,1265.0.html Another user had a problem and the thread talks about this and a solution for existing textures if they are not exporting after the update.

omegadavid99

i installed the latest wwmt and i still have this problem

Joris Ceoen

Quote from: omegadavid99 on March 12, 2015, 05:23:20 AM
i installed the latest wwmt and i still have this problem
This is probably the same bug that when you hit the update arrow button on the export window, it will set the .tga tag at the end making it so it wants to export as texturename.tga.vtf
I still have this problem as well in my current ww version, which is the version before the one that sent all staticprop versions to the center of the world origin. I'm gonna update WW now and see if it's still present, though I'm using pro so I don't think the comparison is possible.

wallworm

So Joris, you are still seeing the .TGA.VTF in new textures? Can you give a step-by-step?

@omega ... I will investigate more today. Give a step by step on how the materials are created from scratch.

omegadavid99

well all i do isput the texture in diffuse in tga format and then i try export it but nothing happens :(

wallworm

Can you paste a screen shot of both the Material/Texture setup in Slate with the Bitmap's info shown in the material editor, as well as the compile window if possible.

omegadavid99

wen i press slate thres nothing because i never use slate i always use standard  and here is the pic of the compile

wallworm

I was just going over the images. I am going to test for a few and see if I can find and fix any problems. But I have to leave soon and can't promise a fix today.

I'll share if I have an idea in a few minutes.

wallworm

So I believe I have the answer to both yours and Joris' issue.

Unfortunately, I can't push the fix today (or at least not until tonight).

For All Users: Open the Bitmap Node and change the VTF Path line to erase the .TGA.

For Non WW-Pro Users Also Do: Change the bitmap name to match the path for the file (excluding the file name).

The problem for non-pro users is that the Texture Attribute Parameters should not be added to the texture to begin with as they are not used if WW Pro is not installed ... but the exporter is using the WW Pro Texture parameters if detected for determining output path because it is assuming that the texture is in the Pro environment.

Until fixed, avoid hitting the [^] button to change the texture output path in the VTF export window.

Look for a fix later tonight.

omegadavid99

alright i managed to be able to export my model with texture. i tried slate material option for the first time and its really easy. i thought its really hard but h well now im happy :D

wallworm

I still don't have the newest version ready for release because of some issues we are looking into for the VMF Exporter, but you can now download a DEV version of WW that should fix this problem altogether in future texture nodes you create: http://wallworm.com/projects/utilities/dev_wallworm_model_tools.zip

It won't fix textures that already have the WW Pro texture attributes incorrectly applied to non WWPro installations, but it will stop you from having this problem going forward. Let me know how it works for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk