Wall Worm 2.57 Released

Started by wallworm, March 17, 2015, 11:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 2.57 released on 3-17-2015

NOTE: WW Pro customers must login to their WW Pro account on the WW store to get the WW Pro files.

* VMF Exporter (WW Pro): Fixed a bug in the WW Pro VMF Exporter that caused an exception when a bitmap file was missing from a bitmaptexture node.

* VMF Exporter (WW Pro): Fixed bug in visibility of objects in WW Pro VMF files.

* VMF Exporter (WW Pro): Fixed bug in visgroups in WW Pro VMF files.

* VMF Exporter: Updated function for exporting "concave" brushes to work much faster. This includes nodes tagged as Concave Brushes, CorVex objects and RailClone Pro objects tagged as brushes.

* VTF Exporter: Fixed problems with some texture functions updating the VTF output path to an invalid path because it kept adding an extra addition of ".tga" before the ".vtf" in the extension. Probably only affected WW Pro users.

* VTF Exporter: Fixed problems with unexpected path outputs.

* VTF Exporter: Fixed problem where WW Pro texture attributes were being added to textures when WW Pro isn't installed--causing problems with texture outputs.

* Entities: Updated Entity Custom Attribute to avoid a scripted MAXScript error when loading a scene with an entity applied to an XREF Object.

* Utilities: Added new Macroscript named "Unfreeze UI" found under Wall Worm > Wall Worm Utilities. This function enables various viewport and UI components that are disabled during some Wall Worm functions, like the VMF Exporter. The viewport redraw, refMsgs and modify tab editing functions are often disabled to make Max functions work faster. However, if there is an uncaught exception, the code to re-enable those features never runs. Now you can run this function manually to enable the viewport functions that have gone missing.

* QC Importer: Added button to import props from a VMF file.

Joris Ceoen

Great! Installing right away  :D

wallworm

I already released two updates today to fix some issues:

Version 2.572 released on 3-18-2015

* VMT Importer: Updated the VMT importer to generate correct opacity when importing a VMT with $translucent.

* Material Library Generator: Fixed Decal import to not skip decal textures by assuming that a VMT with $vertexcolor is a model material.

###################################

Version 2.571 released on 3-18-2015

* DMX Exporter (WW PRO): Fixed bug where some DMX files were exporting with an unexpected comma in the "deltaStates" array on morphed models.

* DMX Exporter (WW PRO): Removed deltastate elements from the baseStates array.

wallworm

Version 2.573 released on 3-18-2015

* VMF Exporter: Fixed overlays not getting correct sidelist values when added to non-editable_poly objects.

* VMF Exporter: Fixed bug in the VMF Exporter preset functions where presets were always blank if saved in the last couple of months and WW Pro is installed.

wallworm

All of the updates I posted yesterday come with a couple unfinished quirks, mainly in the VMF exporter.

Among those that will be fixed today:

* VMF Exporter misses assigning Brush IDs internally to find in the Max utility for Level Design > Compile Tools > Get Brush By ID. The IDs are sent to the VMF but not stored in Max.
* Brush Side Ids are incorrectly output in entities like info_overlay in the VMF for some objects when using WW Pro.

Those quirks and/or bugs ought to go away in an update I hope to put up later today.

I need to finish up some math voodoo in the functions I'm currently working on for some new features coming today... so a fix for them will wait for that. Thank goodness AndraX2000 is a cheap date, because my brain was starting to hurt on UV transformation conversions again. I know many people think of me as a geek... but in reality I'm an imposter geek and math often causes my eyeballs to bleed. I'm lucky to have many smart friends :)

wallworm

So we ran into some new random problem with the update. This one is just a killer... as it really feels like some deeper funk in the C# side of WW Pro.

So if you are wanting the next update for WW Free , you can download the DEV WW version for now. Please only download that version if you do not have WW PRO. If you are wanting to test the WW PRO version and own WW PRO, email me and I'll send you a current build. For some levels the next WW Pro version is perfect... but there is a problem with random brushes in the VMF exporter that we are trying to figure out.

Again, WW Pro customers should NOT install the current DEV linked above. Instead, wait for the next official WW Pro release or email me for a beta of the next release and notes on how to avoid issues that might occur.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk