Gray materials

Started by Cerberus, May 18, 2015, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerberus

Hello, i'm trying to follow along this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNY-xzQs-8

I've managed to use the material generator but the materials show up as gray :

I've seen no documentation of this error from what I've searched & i'm using Wallworm Pro

Please help!

wallworm

Sorry for your issues.

Generally speaking, this issue happens for me if the Bitmaps are not present.

For non WW Pro it means there is no TGA. Since you are using WW Pro, it might mean that the VTF Importer isn't set up correctly.

To test this, can you create a new Bitmap node in Slate and try to load a VTF bitmap. If VTF bitmaps are not available, then the VTF Loader didn't install correctly. Here is a thread on manually setting up the VTF Loader: http://www.wallworm.net/index.php/topic,1293.0.html

If the VTF loader is set up correctly, then it might mean that the Material Library Generator Root folder is wrong. The Mat Gen Root should always be located at the base of all your materials folder.

Let me know how this works.

PS. Can you post the bad VMT into a separate thread that caused your initial problem with importing?

Cerberus

Alright it works!  ;D

This is what I did :

The VTF loader was not set up correctly so I went and set it up, then tried loading a VTF bitmap. That worked; but when I tried to create the materials with the root set at the base of the material folder, there would a popup saying :

"No VMTs found in the specified directories... no material library generated".

All I had to do then was enable recursive.

As for the bad VMT, I found out that opening it with VTFEdit didn't work either : "Error loading VMT texture: Error parsing material on line 53 (expected end of file)." It also didn't show up corretly in hammer. Do you still want the VMF ?

Thanks for the help!

wallworm

Great!

I'd still like to see the VMT so that we can hopefully update the .NET implementation to not crash with whatever error that VMT has.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk