I Can't Export VMF (Convex)

Started by onur89tr, June 03, 2015, 12:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onur89tr

Hello all. I can't export anything, because of it says "may not be convex". Convexity is expensive for me. Because I'm not pro at models, maps and Counter Strike. Is there any free Convexity alternative program? Please, i need your help. Thanks in advance...  :)

wallworm

Well actually Conexity is no longer being developed. You don't need it with Wall Worm.

The notices you see are not dependent on Convexity. And sometimes they are false positives.

Provide more details. Have you made sure that none of the geometry has Coplanar polygons? For example, a cylinder with more than 1 height segments is invalid. Same with a Box primitive--it needs to have the height segments, width segments and length segments all set to 1.

onur89tr

Quote from: wallworm on June 03, 2015, 12:57:03 PM
Well actually Conexity is no longer being developed. You don't need it with Wall Worm.

The notices you see are not dependent on Convexity. And sometimes they are false positives.

Provide more details. Have you made sure that none of the geometry has Coplanar polygons? For example, a cylinder with more than 1 height segments is invalid. Same with a Box primitive--it needs to have the height segments, width segments and length segments all set to 1.
I sent you my model with PM. I don't understand what is convex and convex modelling. Can you tell me it? Sorry for my bad English. Thanks.

wallworm

I received your file and viewed it.

The issue is simply that several objects have one or both of these problems:

1) Have Concave Elements
2) Have Coplanar Polygons

Any object that has either issue must be exported as a Model instead of a brush. To export as a brush, you must edit the geometry.

I suggest that you download and read Hammered to the Max. I would read it straight through. However, these specific issues are covered in Chapter 7.

onur89tr

Quote from: wallworm on June 03, 2015, 02:29:51 PM
I received your file and viewed it.

The issue is simply that several objects have one or both of these problems:

1) Have Concave Elements
2) Have Coplanar Polygons

Any object that has either issue must be exported as a Model instead of a brush. To export as a brush, you must edit the geometry.

I suggest that you download and read Hammered to the Max. I would read it straight through. However, these specific issues are covered in Chapter 7.
Thanks for your help. I export it as model. But I can't make opacity. I'm making "render to texture" from menu, adding alpha and opacity, but it's opaque in hammer. What should I do? Thanks mate.

wallworm

There are several reasons:

1) Make sure $opaque is not on in WWMT
2) Make sure the Material has a bitmap in the Opacity Slot
3) In global settings, turn off the Opacity only if Diffuse if you don't want to force the diffuse/opacity rule.

onur89tr

Quote from: wallworm on June 04, 2015, 12:00:19 PM
There are several reasons:

1) Make sure $opaque is not on in WWMT
2) Make sure the Material has a bitmap in the Opacity Slot
3) In global settings, turn off the Opacity only if Diffuse if you don't want to force the diffuse/opacity rule.
Image: http://postimg.org/image/ecnjm1stn/
As you see in image, nothing as your said. Help please... :( I must do this!

wallworm

Well I guess I missed some information.

The opacity must be combined into the alpha of the diffuse bitmap. That's just how the transparency from a bitmap works in Source. So in your material, mix the opacity into the diffuse as an alpha channel, then pipe that bitmap into both the diffuse and opacity slot.

onur89tr

Hello mate. I have a question. I'm making my geometry, and I'm using QuickSlice from Edit Poly. Then I'm making Turn To Poly and pressing keep polygons convex. But it's not correctly exporting when I'm pressing export to VTF. How can I seperate my geometry to convex? Thanks in advance. (I'm waiting for your transparency video too.  :))

wallworm

When using Quick Slice, remember to add a Cap Holes modifier (or do it manually with the Border sub-object function to cap holes). Otherwise the geometry won't be sealed and valid.

As for transparency, I am making that video this week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk