Can't export opacity map

Started by splutterfesk, June 24, 2015, 01:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

splutterfesk

Hi,

So far I have been able to export normal Diffuse maps and bump map, but not Opacity map, the option does not show when exporting VTFs. Is it possible to export opacity maps this way or do I need to do it with another method?

Screenshots:

Exporting - no option for opacity map

PS. Thank you very much for the tools, it has made map making and modelling really fun!  :)

wallworm

Thank you for the great comment. When I started WW I got that a lot and it really motivated me... but anymore it's old news for most people... so those comments really help me.

In terms of opacity:

Source does not use a separate bitmap for alpha. Instead, it uses the alpha channel of a bitmap.

So make sure that your diffuse bitmap has an alpha channel. Then, pipe the same bitmap texture into both the Diffuse AND the Opacity. In the bitmap settings, make sure to set Mono Channel Output as Alpha and the Alpha Source to Image Alpha.

wallworm

Well as it turns out, the VMT exporter has a bug and is not adding the command for the alpha. Let me find where that got removed and load a fix shortly.

wallworm

If you are having a problem getting the opacity with the instructions above, please download the latest version of WW that I just loaded. This fixes a bug with exporting VMT translucency (the bug may have only been affecting WW Pro).

splutterfesk

I tried first your instructions and it did not work. Then I installed your update, and together with your instructions it worked! I do not have ww pro so my guess is that the bug was also affecting normal ww.

Thank you very much for your help!

wallworm

Glad it worked. This bug must have crept in while I was transitioning the code for WW Pro support and I just didn't notice it. It was probably broken since February. Oh well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk