Overlays imported wrong & Skybox reconstrucion

Started by SairesArt, June 30, 2015, 06:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Well it's indeed odd. Sorry you are experiencing that... but it's hard for me to troubleshoot this specific issue since the decals are always importing when I try here. But I'll let my brain sit on it and hopefully I can think of something that might cause my installation to work and yours not.

SairesArt

wallworm

SairesArt

Quote from: wallworm on July 18, 2015, 09:58:01 AMGo to this link: https://wallworm.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=55 (with the SSL) and the download should work.
nope :|

First image firefox (not a number error)
second image chrome (never ending Arrow Animation)
third image mobile [Chrome] (never ending Arrow Animation)

PS: First and foremost make sure WWpro downloads work for paying customers

SairesArt

Also created a test case for oddities with short import times.
Image 1: Tiled overlays get streched wrong. (Height ignored)
Image 2: Double Sized overlays, which should be half their size.
Image 3: No decal import. (Windows on the left side)

This is nitpicky at this point, since the general overlay import is kinda correct, which is all that matters. although decal import is still a hmpf :|

wallworm

Sorry, after I posted that I found that there were other problems. So I removed the SSL enforcement. Now the Non-SSL link is what you should use again until I figure it out.

I'll give the map a look. But I think you may need to send me the exact FGD you are using, because it's possible that there is a different parameter name or missing one that might explain why the decals work here.

SairesArt

Quote from: wallworm on July 19, 2015, 09:39:12 AM
I'll give the map a look. But I think you may need to send me the exact FGD you are using, because it's possible that there is a different parameter name or missing one that might explain why the decals work here.
Here's the fgd, also included the parsed .ms file from C:\Users\Saires\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2015 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\WallWorm.com\entities

It just seems odd, for this to be a fgd issues, since I'm using the standart base.fgd from Episode one
(F:\Games\steamapps\common\SourceSDK\bin\ep1\bin)
(meaning the 2006 Base source SDK)

Forgot the zip  ;D

wallworm

Quote from: SairesArt on July 19, 2015, 10:28:27 AM
It just seems odd, for this to be a fgd issues, since I'm using the standart base.fgd from Episode one

I agree... but I'm trying to eliminate the variables.

SairesArt

Quote from: wallworm on July 19, 2015, 11:26:25 AM
I agree... but I'm trying to eliminate the variables.
Any new magic insight?
Just wanted to know if you plan on fixing this. If not I'll continue doing what I do, not a big problem, if you have a plan I'll wait a touch.

wallworm

I'm pretty tied up ATM. I do want to figure out why the decals are so wrong for you because I'm largely getting the decals into my scenes. But I didn't get to test with the FGD you sent yet. I probably won't realistically get to look more into it until after the weekend.

Don't think I've abandoned it, just have other priorities at the moment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk