Blend material export

Started by jspzyhl, August 08, 2015, 08:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jspzyhl

Hi
I'm trying to make a blend material for my map.
I followed the tutorial and get the blend material, but I have issues with the final step "export brush textures".
I got a checkbox "Tool Texture VTF", if I have it checked WWMT will report an "image io error".
It looks like that I have  to render out the tool texture before  the export?
What should I do?

Here are my screenshots:

wallworm

I am sorry you are having this problem. I am just about to leave for the day, so won't be able to investigate until tomorrow.

Are you using the latest version of WW? Are you using WW or WW Pro? This will help me solve it.

This is not an error on your part as the material looks to be set up correctly. WW should create the tooltexture automatically at export time. If you don't have the latest version of WW, download it and see if it magically fixes itself. If not, then I'll find out what happened tomorrow. 90% of my testing lately is inside WW Pro, so it is possible that the general exporter is broken with tool textures--but I know as of this week the current blend exporter works as expected in the WW Pro version if set up correctly.

jspzyhl

Quote from: wallworm on August 08, 2015, 10:05:43 AM
I am sorry you are having this problem. I am just about to leave for the day, so won't be able to investigate until tomorrow.

Are you using the latest version of WW? Are you using WW or WW Pro? This will help me solve it.

This is not an error on your part as the material looks to be set up correctly. WW should create the tooltexture automatically at export time. If you don't have the latest version of WW, download it and see if it magically fixes itself. If not, then I'll find out what happened tomorrow. 90% of my testing lately is inside WW Pro, so it is possible that the general exporter is broken with tool textures--but I know as of this week the current blend exporter works as expected in the WW Pro version if set up correctly.

I have updated my WW, I'm using WW Pro.
But it still doesn't work.

My WW settings:

Maxscript Listener :

jspzyhl

Ok.I have found the cause of this problem.
Any words like "/t" or "\t" in the texture path will cause this problem.
I don't know if any other words like this will cause the same issue.
I hope you can fix this bug asap.

wallworm

Thanks for doing some investigating. I'll look into adding a fix for this later today.

wallworm

This bug should be gone in the latest version.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk