CS:GO - Cbble (the updated version) .VMF import issue

Started by Suraci, October 03, 2015, 03:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suraci

Hello!

I'm trying to recreate Cobblestone in unreal 4 (however itll be completely medieval and with upgraded graphics).

I recently found out about Wall Worm being able to import .VMF into 3ds max 2014, so I converted the .bsp to .vmf and tried to import it into 3ds max. Now comes my problem, while trying to import it I get an error saying "-- Unknown property: "EDGES" in undefined".  It does however load in a few objects but I think they are bounding boxes and it is missing most parts of the scene.

Could anyone help me fixing this issue or perhaps help me get the scene into 3ds max? (I am purely using the level as reference so textures aren't needed).

Here a link to the files;

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsvsydxrj7lx9ab/AABy1k6lwLRGcIy0eKXWEktga?dl=0

Thanks in advance! :)

PS;

The .VMF file loads in perfectly into Hammer, but sadly I cannot export it either from Hammer since I'll get an error there as well.

PSS;

If anyone wants me to recreate the error for more information just tell me and Ill do so, I'm not that well known with Max scripting tho since i'm a Maya user normally.

wallworm

Generally, decompiling a BSP into VMF is going to create problems. But since you are moving it along to UE4, the problems I'm thinking of are probably not of consequence.

That being said, there should never be the error you mention. So I'm running an import right now to find what is causing it so I can patch the importer. Very likely the VMF has bad data that is creating a piece of geometry that is just invalid ... so I'll try to detect it and bypass the error.

Suraci

Thanks for your time,

not sure if this might helps but this is the complete error I get (F11 after the error)

C:\Users\bas\Dropbox\de_cbble\de_cbble_01d.vmf data parsed in 81.003 seconds (1.35005 minutes)
-- Error occurred in useNVP(); filename: C:\Users\bas\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 69807; line: 2406
--  Defined in encrypted script
--   called in slice_with_sword(); filename: C:\Users\bas\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 73756; line: 2555
--   called in b loop; filename: C:\Users\bas\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 77338; line: 2684
--   called in createBrushes(); filename: C:\Users\bas\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 79276; line: 2743
--   called in parseAndImport(); filename: C:\Users\bas\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 109485; line: 3648
--   called in btnImport.pressed(); filename: C:\Users\bas\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\WallWorm.com\rollouts\VMFImport.ms; position: 14201; line: 239
--  Frame:
--   fsource: "C:\Users\bas\Dropbox\de_cbble\de_cbble_01d.vmf"
--   seconds: undefined
--   ended: undefined
--   started: 79484055
--   vmfMemStream: undefined
--   doCache: undefined
--   minutes: undefined
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
-- Unknown property: "EDGES" in undefined <<

wallworm

Yes, this helps. Generally speaking with WW it helps me get to problems fastest when the script and line # are reported. I'm testing a fix now.

wallworm

Suraci

I've completely removed the old version and installed the updated one but I'm still getting the same error (maxscript listener is also giving the same errors).

Checking now if I might have some settings set wrong.  (I am working on windows 8.1, dunno if this matters).

Edit: currently also downloading max 2015 to see if I get the error in there as well.

Joris Ceoen

Make sure to install all the latest service packs for 2014/2015  :) Other than that, I won't be of much use. Always send in errors from the Maxscript Listener (F11) as it helps into improving the importer. Since these tools are still not tested on a very large scale by many people, there is a high chance of getting across unexpected errors. Sending us the logs is as such a great thing to do  ;)

wallworm

Well I definitely fixed the bug importing the scene you loaded and it imports fine after the update to WW. You may want to read this new article on fixing some installation issues that could possibly the reason you did not get the fix. Make sure when you open WWMT UI, the version # is 2.701+. If not, it likely means you have two copies of WW installed.

Suraci

Everything seems to be working, thanks for the quick help and fix  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk