Wall Worm 2.725 Released

Started by wallworm, December 02, 2015, 05:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 2.725 released on 12-02-2015

* Materials: Fixed some VMT settings not exporting.

* Materials: Added some new VMT properties.

* VMF Importer: Fixed prop entities not getting the model parameter set when first creating a prop library from VMF in the session.

* QC Importer: Added option to not quadrify staticprops.

ChristianSilas

Great work! Do you think that, you will make a video/tutorial about importing CS:GO models properly into 3ds max? :)

wallworm

Thanks for the comment (and purchase of WW Pro).

Importing CSGO models is fairly straightforward. You should use the QC importer. You'll need access to the QC + SMD/VTA files. Decompiled versions can work but often have problems.

The process of importing a CSGO model is identical to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rxTv0pFp5U

Since making that video, many new additions were added to the importer, including the facial flexes, etc. There are some docs on importing a QC here.

Hopefully that helps you get started.

ChristianSilas

Yes. I have decompiled the model files via Crowbar and successfully imported some models (not 'v_' (viewmodel) models).

I can manage to connect one animation at a time, but how to connect multiple models and animations?

Fx. I have imported the 'ctm_sas.qc' model and connected it with the corresponding 'testIdle.smd' animation, and it works. The model works forward.
I can also manage to import a bunch of other models into the same scene, but how do I connect i with the player model and a corresponding animation to the existing player model?

I want to have a player with a weapon in a walking sequence :D

wallworm

When I can find the time I'll investigate the process and share my results. 99% of my work is going from Max > Source and not the other way around; this particular case isn't something I've done yet (although many from Facepunch or Machinima circles have been asking for details for a while). When I can find time to investigate the exact steps, I will share the info.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk