VMF Importer Bug

Started by wallworm, December 06, 2015, 07:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

The current version of WW has a problem with the VMF Importer. In the latest version(s) the VMF Importer can take a very long time to import scenes with props. I'm not sure what the slowdown is but am looking into it.

wallworm

Not sure if this is actually a bug at this point. The errors I was noticing are no longer present in my tests.

However, there definitely is a bug with prop placements in 3ds Max 2016 when the props are inserted as XRef Objects. That bug affects only Max 2016 and I'm trying to figure it out.

Zé100Guito

Hello, I have a little problem with wallworm.
I currently work on autodesk 3ds max 2010 32 bits and I recently downloaded wallworm to try to import a VMF file but it seems that wallworm is a 64 bit program and i can not use it because that.
Is there an older version of wallworm built for 3ds max 2010 with a 32bit architecture and able to import VMF that I can use?
I keep awaiting your response and thanks in advance ;)

wallworm

Info: the bug from first two posts is fixed. Pointing out since I obviously forgot to follow up.

Regarding Max 2010. Can you post the error you are getting? The free version of WW doesn't have any limitations on 32/64 bit as it only uses standard MAXScript. Only WW Pro, which has some DLL and C++ plugins requires 64-bit Max.

So if you are getting an error message, post it here and I'll potentially be able to fix it--but blindly. My license is on Autodesk Maintenance Subscription, and I can only use the current and three versions back. That means that today the last version I can test is 2013... but that will switch to 2014 as soon as 2017 is released.

With only a few exceptions, almost all features in standard WW should work in 2010. So post any error messages.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk