Smd_importer

Started by herr-master, December 08, 2015, 12:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herr-master

I dont know if is should post this as are new topic or ask on the orther tread i hope are new topic is right.
I make mods for the re games for steam but somtimes i need to open the smd from file i exportet with blender and then export it with blender that i can open it with wallworm smd importer and sometimes your importer stops at this place line 86 tag = fstream.readLine()
I know that it comes from this line 81 if tag2 != "" AND NOT matchPattern tag2 pattern:"//*" AND NOT matchPattern tag2 pattern:"*File generated by*" then (
The smd files from re need exportet with are orther tool from bin/tpl to smd but this tool gens this string File generated by orther wise i can not export the smd from the bin/tpl files
Will your at this function in the future or take it longer to at the rev 1 support.

wallworm

Please email to me the actual SMD that is causing this error. I'll see what is causing the error.

herr-master

I send your two files i get another error on the two files i send your

wallworm

OK, I have discovered the cause of both bugs.

One of the errors will be fixed in an update I'll load later today.

The second bug relates to the SMD file itself. The MAXScript functions to parse strings crash when the end of the file does not include a Newline character. The larger SMD will import if you open it in Notepad and add a newline at the end then re-import.

I'll load the other fix in WW later today.

wallworm

Just an update. The fix I promised for the one update will be out tomorrow probably. I still have to test some other functions in this next update.

herr-master

No prob man thx for the realy fast help and support from your dont rush if it needs time to fix then it needs time to fix it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk