[SOLVED] Physics Mesh Issue

Started by Primarina, December 09, 2015, 10:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarina

Quote from: Joris Ceoen on December 18, 2015, 05:28:05 AM
Ok, nice. Well, honestly I have never seen that export doc, ever. I always use the Wall Worm Model Tools rollout which assign a helper to the model in the scene, and is very useful to work with. As for giving a last suggestion: Those collision joints look pretty expensive for a ragdoll, if I were you I would consider optimising them so they are approximatically the same size as each element of the model that you want to have solid, using far fewer polygons and possibly causing less overhead.

Are you talking about this? (The one in the yellow text)

To be honest, I never understood how these WWMT helpers work or if they do anything at all.  But to be fair, I am a novice in terms of using WWMT or 3DS Max in general. Well, I looked up this page regarding about these helpers, http://dev.wallworm.com/topic/15/models_and_qc.html
All it says that the helpers just speeds up the process of exporting, but it doesn't tell much about how these helpers are utilized to speed it up.

And regarding about the collision mesh, yea, I am going to try to optimize the head collision mesh because it looks pretty weird, but I think the rest are fine at the moment, unless you got anything else to say about.

Also, not related to what we are talking about, but do you know how to select parts of a model in one click in 3DS Max 2015? I know you have to use the select by Element tool in the Editable Poly in order to select whole parts of model, which I used to easily remove/hide parts of a model in Max 2012. But for some reason, select by Element tool doesn't seem to work on Max 2015. All it does is act like as if I am using the select by Polygon tool.

wallworm

You should be able to figure out how to use WWMT Helpers with almost any of the WW videos. I've only ever demonstrated using WWMT Helpers. I haven't exported an SMD by itself and written QCs for years except randomly for testing. The whole point of WWMT Helpers is to make the process way faster than without. But the process is almost wholly targeting the creation of new content.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk