Selection of My Models

Started by Ady, December 15, 2015, 06:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ady

Hi, I thought it was about time to show a few of my models and get some constructive criticism. This is the first time anyone other than me has seen them so I am a bit nervous  :)

Hope you like them ....

Ady

and three more  :)

wallworm

Looking good. Thanks for sharing! I wish more WW users did this more often.

The only helpful critique I can offer is to spend a little more time hiding tiling in the textures. Here are a couple tips based on your examples:

cell_bed_01.mdl: Rotate one of the frame ends 180 degrees in Z so that the textures along the metal don't match exactly with the other end.

grave_02.mdl: There are noticeable tiles along the upper and lower rim around the outside.

warehouse_01.mdl: To hide some of the repetition, you can select each of the columns of brick individually and apply a UVW Xform modifier to that section and offset the U axis some on each.

Hopefully these little tips help you out in your adventures. Great job and keep sharing!

Ady

Thanks for the tips, I will go into max and try them out. I find texturing harder to do than the modeling to be honest but practice makes perfect I hear.

The warehouse is a WIP as I want to add a few details like extraction fans and such, hopefully they may aid in hiding the repetition of the bricks  :)

wallworm

I mentioned the UVW Xform modifier because knowing how to use it can save a lot of time.

Once you get used to doing it manually, there is a little-known tool in WW: Wall Worm > Wall Worm Extras > Randomize UVS. You can use that to quickly add variations to texture coordinates on selected objects. Make sure to only use it on objects with tiling textures, though :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk