End of Perpetual Licenses: What's Your Opinion

Started by wallworm, December 22, 2015, 11:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I am writing an article on the end of perpetual licenses with Autodesk software (and this general model change across the entire software industry). I'm sending out a basic list of questions to my various contacts in the field. I'm posting the general questions here for the WW user base.

Please answer any questions you feel comfortable answering without being unduly diplomatic. If you cannot answer it honestly, please leave it blank. I will use many of the quotes in my article. Note that I won't include any quotes that are belligerent. So take time to answer in a professional manner. I've personally made the mistake of phrasing opinions in a belligerent tone in the past--but doing so usually burns bridges. So please consider the fact that this article may be ready by an employer or potential employer. But, again, you should not be diplomatic (in other words, glossing your opinions); what I'm saying is that the way you present your opinion is what you should consider. Just be intelligent.

Feel free to post below, IM me or email me the answers.

1) What is your name, job title and where do you work?

2) What's your relationship to Autodesk?

3) What started your interest in AD software?

4) Why have you stayed with AD to this point? (And how long have you been using AD software)

5) What are the good things AD has brought to you?

6) What mistakes has AD made in your opinion? List all major blunders and how they affected you.

7) What are the greatest consistent flaws in AD policies?

8) What do you feel about the AD license model change to end perpetual licenses?

9) How do you feel that the end of perpetual licenses growing across the entire gamut of fields and sectors will affect the economy of the future? How will it affect societies socially? Individuals?

10) Any other random or pertinent thoughts:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk