U-Spiral Stairs

Started by onur89tr, January 11, 2016, 04:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onur89tr

I couldn't make U-Spiral stairs. But I connected 2 straight stairs to one spiral stairs. And I added railing with some details. This is not my first model, I want to share with you my other model images...  :)

With physics

K@rt

Looks good, onur!! Want to share some more details about your workflow?

U said at the start "I couldn't make U-spiral stairs", what was the issue you were having there?

onur89tr

v2

Bottom of Stairs

U Stairs in 3ds Max

I couldn't make U-Spiral Stairs instantly, because it isn't in 3ds Max. It has u stairs or straight stairs. You can see difference at images.

First, I make 2 straight stairs. and I make spiral stairs. And I connected them. v1's height is 260units, v2's height is 270units. Every stair is 16,875units. And there is 16 stairs. I used normal (bump) map in white areas. You can see it in bottom image.

Shawn Olson said I can't reply your messages couple days. Is he fine?

wallworm

Thanks for sharing :)

Quote from: onur89tr on January 12, 2016, 03:08:05 PM

I couldn't make U-Spiral Stairs instantly, because it isn't in 3ds Max. It has u stairs or straight stairs. You can see difference at images.

Are you sure. Seems like there is a U Stairs. I'll investigate tomorrow.

Quote from: onur89tr on January 12, 2016, 03:08:05 PM
Shawn Olson said I can't reply your messages couple days. Is he fine?

I'm OK. Except my back hurts! Spent 13 hours driving home from a normally-5-hour-trip. Bad weather plus bad road plowing plus bad drivers turned 1-70 in Pennsylvania into the longest road in America. On the plus side, I can report that my youngest son is just as adept as the next child in wondering when we will be there yet.

onur89tr

And this is my half stairs. For first floor.

wallworm

I had first read the post on my phone while traveling and didn't fully comprehend what your dilemma initially was. Now I understand.

You already have a solution manually, which is good.

I don't have an exact automatic solution at this moment that works perfectly, but you can build spiral U-steps with CorVex in Wall Mode and using Increment:Step. And I would assume you could build some with RailClone fairly easily. Being able to do this with CorVex takes some practice, and it doesn't account for the railings. If I was tasked with this kind of chore and needed to be able to change/update easily, I'd probably tackle it with RailClone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk