Lighting Problem

Started by onur89tr, January 16, 2016, 12:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onur89tr

Hello all.

As you see, there is a lighting problem. I added a strong omni light to center of this room. I made skirting board and carton pierre models. They hasn't a collision hull. When I delete skirting board and carton pierre models, lighting fixing. I think that models blocking light. World Geometry images are Lightmapgeneric, model images are Vertexlitgeneric. Where is my fault? Shawn Olson is busy this weekend. Help please.

onur89tr

I removed shadow (disableshadows) and it fixed. But I make it in Hammer. How can I change this Class Info Keyvalue at Wall Worm?

wallworm

Is this a WWMT Proxy or a WWMT model in the scene.

IF Proxy: select Proxy
IF WWMT: Select WWMT Helper

Then click Wall Worm > Wall Worm Level Design > Point Entities

Select the entity class (probably prop_static) and click Selection as Point Entity button.

Now in modify tab you can control all the entity parameters.

K@rt

Did u get my reply to your message, Onur?

wallworm

Even though that fixed the unexpected shadows, it can create other issues. Without any shadows, it can seem unrealistic and flat because a real corner in a room automatically generates some ambient occlusion--and even though it may be super subtle, a lack of it generates a red-flag in our brains when looking at a scene. So even though this was an answer to the question, I think that a new set of questions need to be asked.

Of course, we can always get Gulli to make a tutorial/tip sheet on this :)

PS. I moved this to the Level Design board.

onur89tr

Quote from: K@rt on January 17, 2016, 03:04:15 AM
Did u get my reply to your message, Onur?
Yes my friend, thanks about that. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk