[SOLVED]Select Element & Texture Question

Started by Primarina, January 18, 2016, 07:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarina

Quote from: wallworm on January 22, 2016, 11:45:51 PM
All that being said, it will soon be a moot point. I already added that to my local version of WW today. After testing some updates that are in this update, I'll release it.

The method you suggested to solve the Select Element works only to a extent, however it doesn't allow me to delete the parts as I will end deleting the whole model. Also, I think it may be messing up the vertices. But I think that's because I apply the modifiers first and then converted to editable poly causing this problem.

But thank god, the next update will make this method as well as the current method to implement textures unnecessary. It was pretty much a pain in the butt having to delete individual polygons in parts of a model which would take minutes or even hours, where the use of select element on those said parts would have easily done that in a split second. Oh, don't even get me started on the physics weighing part. That's was absolute dread to do, especially when every single polygon was its own element. To tell you the truth, that was pretty much the big reason why I prefer using wunderboy's importer at the moment as it contained functionality that didn't really exist in your importer at the moment, but thanks to your next update. I might consider using WW over wunderboy depending on how this feature of yours goes. Anyways, I will be looking forward for your next update of WW. :)

Quote from: wallworm on January 22, 2016, 11:45:51 PM
If WW had found the VMT and bitmaps in the paths it's looking, then it would have been visible. Turns out that when it can't find the VMT, WW just creates a dummy material with the name of the face... and when this material is generated it doesn't get the setting to Display in Viewport. Starting in Max 2014? or so, the default state of new materials is to NOT display in the viewport. So whenever a material isn't displaying, select the material in the material editor and click the Display in Viewport icon at the top (it's a checkered box with a little light bulb).

In the next update, WW will set that automatically too.

Anyways, I tried out what you said and it worked! The textures managed to show itself. Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk