My life experience and 1 year of Wallworm

Started by warmeup, February 12, 2016, 09:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warmeup

I've discovered steam back when I was 15 years old. My love to half-life and source games at that time had already took roots. Back then, all I wanted to do in my life is to share my ideas, thoughts and experiences with other people and see how they will react to it. Since i suck at being social, creating contents for games was the only thing i could do right to communicate with other people. So I started learn slowly about source level design, until I've released my first map. The map was basic, nothing spectacular and nothing impressive, just any map that is on the beginners level. That's what i thought until a youtuber posted a funny video about a group of players playing around the map, and laughing hysterically about falling in some traps on the map. The next day i found out that about 2 million people watched that video, and I was probably the happiest person on earth. I don't know how to describe that feeling, but it was absolute happiness. Since that moment, I swore to dedicate my life to make more content, and learn more about this field. That is why, I chose computer graphics as my major at university. This is where wallworm comes in. I got introduced to 3ds max, and I loved it, then I asked myself that why should i use hammer while i can use 3ds max, is it possible? I started researching and found out about wallworm. I paused every project i was working on and started to learn from the beginning about source. The learning process was a little bit rough, since i had to know lots of prerequisites in max in order to understand how stuff worked. Concept and ideologies changed to the better. In the summer of 2015, I teamed up with a couple of friends, and started working on a gamemode for gmod that includes custom contents like models and maps. That didn't go well, the gamemode was discontinued, and my friends left me with the reason that this will get them nowhere. I went into depression, and started to think the same. Until the end of that summer, I remembered my cause, made my self up, and got myself wallworm pro. Since then I've never been more thankful to Shawn Olson for this awesome tool. I got back to work, and promised you guys good contents. I am very ashamed of myself by not delivering that content fast, that is because i had personal problems like i had to get myself a part-time job during my free time to help my parents pay the tuitions etc, and I'm still struggling till now. It will work out in the end, and i will deliver. My bond with this community is growing stronger everyday. I would like thank you all for being nice enough towards me, and I hope that this community gets bigger, because it really deserve it. :)

wallworm

Thank you for sharing this. It gives me great joy and pride when WW adds value to anyone's journey. I'm glad you've found a home here :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk