Wall Worm 2.766 Released: CSGO Compile Error workaround

Started by wallworm, February 18, 2016, 03:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 2.766 released on 2-18-2016

* WWMT: Updated WWMT to export a weight value of -1 for $staticprop model sequences to overcome a recent bug in the CSGO model compiler.

Note this fixes a recent compile bug in CSGO's studiomdl.exe that failes compiling when a $sequence's activity has a float weight value. The weights are supposed to be floats, but CSGO suddenly expects integers. This fix in WW only addresses staticprop QCs. For animations, see the manual workaround here: http://www.wallworm.net/index.php/topic,1554.msg4968.html#msg4968

onur89tr

https://www.mapcore.org/topic/19894-csgo-lighting-on-props-broken-since-wildfire-update-possible-fix/?page=4

Hello again mate. Do you know, CS GO has problems with lighting and shadows. Someone saying, there are sharp and red shadows, someone saying props are black, someone saying brushes are black (like my map). What should we do?

wallworm

Well I don't have an across-the-board answer. My advice is to continue as if nothing is amiss... but if you have a problem investigate adding the extra VRad compile parameters. WW has all of them in the drop-down list in the VMF exporter (except the StaticPropSampleScale which will be added in next release... but you can just type it in).

func_Mathias

I think adding "-StaticPropLighting" and "–StaticPropSampleScale 16" to your compile settings does fix both of these issues.
The "-StaticPropLighting" should fix the models being black, and "–StaticPropSampleScale 16" should fix weird color bleeding in shadows if you use cascade shadows I believe.
Also "–StaticPropSampleScale" has different values for different compile times and quality (16=slow, high quality, 4=default and 0.25=fast, low quality).

I'm not 100% sure on this but do test it out because I'm pretty sure it'll fix one or the other at least.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk