Wrong UVW Size in Hammer

Started by onur89tr, April 09, 2016, 04:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onur89tr

How can I solve this? I scaled my map after texturing. Then this problem become. I tried reset X-Form and reset UVW. But it didn't changed.

Joris Ceoen

Is this a model? I have difficulties understanding exactly what's wrong, but if I see it correctly, the texture as it appears in HAMMER is upscaled as opposed to the version in 3DS Max, right?

If it is truly a model, I don't know what could be the problem, but I have had multiple times problems with brushes taking gicantic UVW sizes from 3DS Max to Hammer and the only way I could fix it was by attaching the buggy textures brush to any other working one in the scene and then it worked -.-'

I think Shawn will be able to help you further on this matter.

onur89tr

This is World Geometry. My models haven't problem. Thanks for reply. I will wait Shawn Olson.

Joris Ceoen

Quote from: onur89tr on April 09, 2016, 08:53:10 AM
This is World Geometry. My models haven't problem. Thanks for reply. I will wait Shawn Olson.
If it is world geometry... Try creating a random block, make it a world brush, then select the buggy textured object and attach the new block to it. Then, export and see if the scaling still happens. If it's correct, then you can detach it again (delete the created block as you don't need it obviously). This is just a temporary fix, obviously, and does not help to determine exactly why this happens from time to time, but at least will currently fix your issue.

onur89tr

Quote from: Joris Ceoen on April 09, 2016, 09:10:20 AM
... If it's correct, then you can detach it again...
I added new block to map and make it World geometry. And textured it. But result isn't correct.

wallworm

Give more information about the actual Material / Texture setup.

Here are some tips:

* Brush UV scale is dependent on the VTF dimensions  (512x512, 1024x1024, etc) AND a tiling value in the VMF.
* Changing the VTF dimensions will change the tiling inside the brush. (This is different than in Max where the size of the bitmap does not affect the UVs). This means that if you change the size of a VTF, you'll need to re-export a level.
* If using WW Pro VTF settings, there is a dimension setting. That setting only really works if the VTF setting is not on a TGA bitmap... so if it's set on a TGA, make sure to make those dimensions match the VTF setting or turn off the option to override the dimensions.
* If you are using a Substance map for the brush texture, make sure you have the latest version of WW and do not use texture transforms inside the substance. If you need to transform the substance (scale, rotate, etc), then render the textures to bitmaps. If using WW Pro, you can do this:  select an object with the material and click Wall Worm > Wall Worm Materials > Replace Object Textures with Bitmaps. Now you can transform the bitmaps.

Hopefully these tips help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk