VTFs wont export with an cant open file error?

Started by mitchthenotsotitch, May 07, 2016, 06:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchthenotsotitch

I have recently started using 3ds max and wall worm and have got a model that I want to put into garry's mod. the QC and model compile fine but when I try to compile the VTF and VMT, it will only export the VMT. I get this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\content\garrysmod\materialsrc\heart>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\vtex.exe" -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" -mkdir -outdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\materials\heart" "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/content/garrysmod/materialsrc/heart/Heart_CM_TEXTURE.tga"
input file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/content/garrysmod/materialsrc/heart/Heart_CM_TEXTURE
output directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\materials\heart
config file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/content/garrysmod/materialsrc/heart/Heart_CM_TEXTURE.txt
ERROR: Can't open: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/content/garrysmod/materialsrc/heart/Heart_CM_TEXTURE.tga"
Hit a key to continue
Press any key to continue . . .

I think I have my paths set up correctly as I imported my gameconfig.txt and they seemed to have same paths as the video I was watching. Any reason why it isn't working?

Also I installed wall worm two days ago so I think its the newest version...

wallworm

Welcome to WW :)

First look at this path on your computer and see if the TGA is there:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/content/garrysmod/materialsrc/heart/

If the file is there, then it's likely something odd about the Gmod VTEX application. It's been a while since I exported to GMod... and I do remember something odd in its setup. Maybe @func_Mathias can weigh in as he makes things for Gmod... although he uses WW Pro now which has its own VTEX program.

PS. In terms of latest WW, you can always check if you have latest with Wall Worm > Wall Worm Utilities > Check for Updates.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk