FGD parsing error

Started by Shima33, May 10, 2016, 04:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shima33

Hello, Wallworm Forums. Every time I try to parse my FGD, I'm getting this error:

Parse attempt 1 because of : -- Known system exception
-- ########################################################################
-- Address: 0x4f46e5fd; nCode: 0x00000000C0000005
-- Desc: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
--       Read of Address: 0x0000000078C23000
-- ########################################################################

It does this 20 or so times before giving up. I tried running 3DS Max as Administrator, and that didn't help. Someone suggested it might be that 3DS Max is installed on C:\, and the .fgd file is on D:\. Any help with this? Thanks.

wallworm

I am sorry you are having this error. There are steps to fix the Unknown System Exception for the FGD Parser .

The problem for parsing the FGD does not relate to running as admin or the location of the FGD on your system. It's file line endings, believe it or not. The link will give you advice on solving it. Try step #1 first. If it fails, only then try step #2.

Note that if you are referencing an FGD in a game, the FGD can get overwritten anytime with a steam/game update. In that case, you may want to copy the FGD (and all other FGD files uses) to a new location and edit those. Remember that most games have multiple FGD files. For example, CSGO has both csg.fgd and base.fgd that are used. Both files must be fixed.

Shima33

Quote from: wallworm on May 10, 2016, 10:51:52 AM
I am sorry you are having this error. There are steps to fix the Unknown System Exception for the FGD Parser .

The problem for parsing the FGD does not relate to running as admin or the location of the FGD on your system. It's file line endings, believe it or not. The link will give you advice on solving it. Try step #1 first. If it fails, only then try step #2.

Note that if you are referencing an FGD in a game, the FGD can get overwritten anytime with a steam/game update. In that case, you may want to copy the FGD (and all other FGD files uses) to a new location and edit those. Remember that most games have multiple FGD files. For example, CSGO has both csg.fgd and base.fgd that are used. Both files must be fixed.

Followed the guide linked, still having the same error - neither step helped. Anything else, other than getting the pro version of Wall Worm?

wallworm

Send me the FGD files used in your mod/game and I will test. I cannot promise to have a fix but if I have time I'll look.

Shima33

Quote from: wallworm on May 11, 2016, 09:52:13 AM
Send me the FGD files used in your mod/game and I will test. I cannot promise to have a fix but if I have time I'll look.

Alright, here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ag2hakxag388q4w/fuh-guh-duh_files.zip

wallworm

I have attached a zip file to this post that contains the entity definitions for L4D2 for NON-WW Pro users. You need to unzip the two files into this folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\WallWorm.com\entities

Of course, the path you would use would be dependent on your Windows Username and version of Max.

Shima33

Thanks! That resolved it!  ;D

wallworm

And for others, here are entities for CSGO in WW Free.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk