WW 2.765 (Windows 7) "Error: ... expecting number, got "-1.0"

Started by kinggambit, February 18, 2016, 02:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinggambit

Yesterday I used WWMT to realize there was an exporting error. I repaired/reinstalled 3ds max and updated WW to the latest version, but any object I try to export out with WWMT will cause the same problem when exporting QC+Model:

I've been testing it out with different scenes and objects and it looks like everything is affected.
Dont know much about SMD's and QC's but looking through previously successfully exported props, it looks as if there isnt much difference between the successful exports and the failed exports.

wallworm

Same thing here. Nothing in WW changed regarding this lately. Looks like the CS:GO sdk is broken. Compiling to any other version of Source works. But cs:go suddenly doesn't. I expect if you restart steam or wait for an SDK update... it'll fix itself.

wallworm

I looked into it more.

This is not an error with SMDs. The error is in the CSGO compiler relating to the $sequence command. A sequence activity has a FLOAT weight value.

activity <string|name> <float|weight>

But suddenly CSGO's compiler is expecting an Integer. The temporary workaround is:

1) After exporting, click the QC button in the WWMT UI.
2) Change any line with activity ACT_IDLE -1.0 to a -1 instead of -1.0
4) Save QC file.
5) Click the mdlsrc button in the WWMT UI.
6) Double click the BATCH file for the model

EDIT: If the prop is animated, I suspect you'll need to find any animation sequences and likewise change any weights to integers. This is a temporary fix... since this is definitely an error in the Valve compilers. Hopefully they will fix in short order.

wallworm

I just updated WW. It now makes the weight -1 for the ACT_IDLE sequence. However, for animations, I can't force this because this is a bug and sequence weights are floats.

cstchick

Oh my god !

I created an account to say thank you, thank you for the answer to this and problem and thank you for creating wallworm! It makes my mapper life easier !!

Thank you :D

wallworm

Quote from: cstchick on February 24, 2016, 10:01:55 AM
Oh my god !

I created an account to say thank you, thank you for the answer to this and problem and thank you for creating wallworm! It makes my mapper life easier !!

Thank you :D

Thank you for sharing your kind feelings. This new bug in CS:GO has been frustrating for the community; many people have assumed it's a bug in WW and pass some of their frustration onto WW. I'm always encouraged when people are happy with using WW. :)

wallworm

I should have posted this here earlier:

In the latest versions of WW, there is a new global setting that addresses this problem with all QC files. This option is not on by defaults because I don't know how it affects all mods. Since this seems to be a CSGO-specific thing, you'll have to turn it on yourself.

Go to Wall Worm > Wall Worm Settings and click the Models Tab. In the WWMT Export Settings group (second down) , Turn ON the option for Write Sequence Activities as Integers. That will solve the problem when exporting sequences to CSGO.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk