Design Tools > Other Utilities

Material Library Generator

<< < (5/6) > >>

wallworm:

--- Quote from: CarbonCopyCat on December 01, 2014, 08:20:39 pm ---I'm not sure if this is due to a bug in WWMT or an issue with the way I have my files set up, but all materials generated from the Material Library Generator have the .tga files pointed to the wrong path, setting the folder they're in as the root folder.
For example, I'm trying to use TF2's brick textures, so I extract the textures and convert them and then place them in the "Team Fortress 2\tf\materials" folder. Then I set the MatGen path in WWMT to "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials\brick," which is the folder the brick textures are located. However, the .tga paths are wrong, so the Diffuse bitmap in the material "brickwall001" points to "\Brick\brickwall.tga" instead of "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\materials\brick\brickwall.tga." (Same goes for the Bump map.)
If further clarification is needed about the issue, feel free to ask. Hope this gets fixed (or I figure out what I'm doing wrong), as setting up material libraries manually is a huge pain.

--- End quote ---

A couple of things. I would not personally copy all of the assets into the actual game folder paths. There is nothing stopping this, but I would avoid it because you may want to do a file purge in the future and if you put the assets into that path, you may not know what was needed and what was copied.

That being said, with the info you provided above, the Mat Gen Root should be E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials

(What I personally do is extract the VMTs/VTFs to another folder altogether. In my case, the MatGen path is: C:\Users\Shawn\Documents\Vault\Demonstration\sceneassets\images\materials_csgo\materials ... and that folder is the extracted materials folder from the VPK/GCF with VTFs converted to TGA.).

Orvid King and I are currently working on Wall Worm Pro that has a lot of improvements to the material library importer. Orvid has cut the import time down very dramatically. Stay tuned on that version.

CarbonCopyCat:
Turns out the problem was caused by not checking "Recursive" in the Material Library Generator. Sometimes it's just the smallest things that cause the biggest problems  :-\

CarbonCopyCat:
I've been having some issues with this lately. I've been trying to import materials from a custom Gmod gamemode into WW, and whenever I do, it chokes up around 1/6th of the way through and displays this message:

--- Code: ----- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Float
--- End code ---
It also shows this:

wallworm:
Sorry about that. I think this was something we fixed in the WW Pro material importer... I'll fix it in normal WW in update this week. I think if you find the file it is choking on and post it, I can tell you how to edit the VMT to work in the meantime.

wallworm:
This should be fixed in the current WW just loaded. Thanks for reporting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version