Newer csgo maps in 3dsmax?

Started by yoouw, May 21, 2016, 05:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoouw

Hello
Im interested in importing newer csgo maps in 3dsmax via wallworm. I allready setup everything every path and converted the vtf to tga. Now when I try to import a .vmf lets say from Inferno everything spawns without textures and no props are placed on the map instead there are yellow cubes everywhere saying static_prop
I hope you can understand me

Thanks in advance

Joris Ceoen

Hey,

This is normal, since all the static props of Source are .MDL files, and Max nor Wall Worm currently support native MDL import. HOWEVER, Shawn revealed like just a few days ago that Wall Worm would be getting this ability in the future, meaning that you could simply import an mdl straight into Max. It would still take some time for this to get implemented (and possibly some donations to speed it up), so I wouldn't count on having this feature anytime soon.

What you should do, or at least what is still the current workmethod, is that you convert all MDL's of CS:GO to .smd's (through Crowbar), and then import each one of them seperatly. Unfortunatly, this takes a long time to do, but it's the only way. If you have WW Pro, materials for the models should import when your paths are set-up correctly.

wallworm

Joris' info is mostly correct. However, there is one piece that is incorrect. There are functions to import all the models in one go. Please read the VMF Importer docs. Take note of the notes on what to do before importing, including notes on the material library root path and decompiled models.

Also, something not added to the docs yet are that the import of props into the scene can be done while you import (as long as WW can find the decompiled QC/SMD files) if you check the Models checkbox in the VMF import dialog. Otherwise, WW will not import them. I did this intentionally because sometimes you just want the brushes/displacements... and loading the models can be the slowest part of the import.

It's important to realize that at this time WW cannot open any asset that is contained inside VPK files, which is why you need to read all documentation about importing materials and models.

I've imported several levels with all assets properly loaded into Max. But those with many assets are often slow.

As noted, WW is getting VPK access as well as MDL loaders. But I have no promise on ETA for that.

yoouw

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk