DMX Flexes broken in some mods

Started by wallworm, May 22, 2016, 10:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

It's been brought to my attention that the DMX exporter is now incompatible with some mods in terms of flexes. I am looking into this, but it appears that there was a change at some point in the recent past that broke compatibility to DMX flexes in CSGO. Because I do not have documentation on this, I am shooting for a fix blindly. The same DMX files that used to compile correctly do not compile.

I tested in the Black Mesa compiler, and those DMX files are working correctly.

So my guess is that there is a format update in CSGO and SFM that relates to this. If anyone has working flex DMX files for CSGO (preferably in ASCII format) please send me the files so that I can see what new change has been made to them.

I've sent an email to my contact at Valve, but I'm not guaranteed to get an answer on this issue.

wallworm

Just an update:

I did get a response from Valve on this issue. They have a fix to be rolled out soon to bring flex support back to CSGO for the formats WW uses to export. This will fix DMX flexes not working for CSGO. They didn't tell me exactly when it will be fixed, but my expectation is within a week the CSGO SDK will update with the fix.

In the meantime, there is an update for WW DMX that creates vertex indices more efficiently. This will greatly reduce the vertex count in DMX files. That update is currently being tested by a few WW Pro users. If you own WW Pro and want to test, just send me an email and I'll get you the test update.

wallworm

For the record, Valve has fixed the compilers for CSGO and WW DMX flexes in this week's CSGO SDK update.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk