Delete Faces Modifier

Started by wallworm, June 15, 2016, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I started coding this option and then paused when I thought about it more.

Would it not just work to use the Select Faces = ON and Invert = On ?

AeRo

Yes, "Select Faces = ON" is fine.

"Invert = On" already exist  in the modifier.

wallworm

OK, I updated Delete Faces. I added option to Skip Selected Faces. Also, I fixed a bug with the Selected Vertices setting.

AeRo

Hmm. Again communication error ) Sorry for my English.

With  "Don't delete - select faces only" I mean the modifier should not delete faces, but only select all faces, that must be deleted.

Like the Shell modifier do with "Select Inner Faces = ON" checkbox.

wallworm

I misunderstood.

So I don't really see the point of that inside the Delete Faces modifier which is specifically about deleting faces. What you are really asking for is a Select Faces modifier that utilizes the same selection rules as in Delete Faces?

AeRo

Yes, that's right ) Select Faces modifier with the same selection rules as in Delete Faces.

But this was just a suggestion to improve the functionality.

wallworm

Quote from: AeRo on May 07, 2017, 01:25:08 PM
Yes, that's right ) Select Faces modifier with the same selection rules as in Delete Faces.

But this was just a suggestion to improve the functionality.

OK, after thinking about it, I decided to make a new modifier but with expanded selection tools: Select Faces Modifier has some of the same selection functions in Delete Faces but adds onto it with various extra selection tools. See Select Faces Modifier.

AeRo

Now Delete Faces Modifier is redundant.

Select Faces + Max Delete mesh mod = Delete Faces Modifier.

wallworm

Not exactly. I'm updating DeleteFaces to use MNMesh so it will preserve Explicit Normals (which Delete Mesh won't do). I'll release that update in the coming week or two. So although Select Faces is very similar to DeleteFaces, it does have separate functionality (not to mention reduce modifier count when using just Delete Faces).

AeRo

Hi! Latest version - the same bug again - isolated vertices after modifier.

wallworm

Can you send me a Max scene demonstrating this? I could not replicate the problem.

AeRo

Every time PolyUnwrapper error after deleteFaces modifier. Maybe UV-map dirty. (max 2020). ExportCleaner modifier helps.  Screenshot:

wallworm

I will look into it. For now you may want to use the SelectFaces Modifier with a Delete Mesh modifier above. This will likely solve your problem in the meantime.

AeRo

Any news? I am using ca. 100-200 times this modifier in one project.  SelectFaces + Delete Mesh is no Speed-modelling (

wallworm

Sorry for the long delay. I have implemented a fix and recompile for Max 2018-2021. I will release that update this evening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk