Need help with importing CS:GO content

Started by Cem, June 23, 2016, 06:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cem

Hi everyone,

First of all I think I need to point that English is not my native language.
I am willing to do CS:GO shorts (animations). I was going to use SFM, but nah. That tool is abandoned, not even supports CS:GO officially, no idea how Valve made the trailer though. I thought Maya would be the best tool for animating. So...

I am both new to 3DS Max & WW. I have been trying to import CS:GO content (maps & models) into 3DS Max. I barely got dust2 imported but that took hours, therefore it was just bunch of materialess blocks. I removed it after that, lol.

I have been looking at docs, I kinda get them however I fail or miss somewhere.

What I did up to now:
Unpacked CS:GO pak file with GCFScape to SFM/csgo folder.
Set paths in WW accordingly
Decompiled a map with BSPSource
Tried to import Prop Library import button, nothing happens when I do that. But when I press button above, it imports but literally takes hours and broken.

PC specs if need:
i5 4200h, 8GB RAM, 2GB GTX 950M, 64bit W10.

I'd be very glad if you could do a tutorial just on CS:GO; from importing maps and models to fixing few things, if sky is missing, adding a sky, etc. I am pretty sure there are a lot of people like me looking for non-SFM solution.

Thanks in advance!

Cem

wallworm

Sorry I didn't respond. It's all straightforward as long as the assets are in the paths WW knows to look for them.

See the VMF Importer docs. Take notes of the Section "Before Importing a Level" and the recommended process below (making a Prop Library from the VMF before importing the level).

But I'd wait. The update coming to WW soon will make imports work way faster and without the need for decompiling assets to specific paths, etc. I may have that update out within the week.

Cem

Hey, thanks for the reply!
Here is config.

Is this will be only available in WW Pro? If then, can you do Steam-like summer sale? I know $30 is not really much but when you're student and USD is 3x in your currency, haha :)

wallworm

You should probably set the Game Info Path. And the MatGen path is not in a location I'd expect unless you have WW Pro--as generally the MatGen path should be a folder that has all of the decompiled VTF files as TGA files as well as all the VMT files for the game (so unless you placed all the VMT/TGA files there, it wouldn't work).

But again, these requirements are about to be largely defunct.

The new VPK/MDL support will be in all flavors of WW/WW Pro. It will initially be released for Max 2015/2016, followed by 2017. I'm not sure I will add support for previous versions. So hopefully the communities show appreciation for the efforts other developers and I have put into it--especially for adding into the free WW :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk