What are good practices for aligning textures?

Started by MASSIVELIVEFUN, July 14, 2016, 07:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASSIVELIVEFUN

I've been trying to use the UVW map modifier to make the tools textures fit on blocks with the appropriate csgo texture scaling which is 0.250.
However it seems that the modifier only applies to the polygon face that I designated it to or either the whole element.
My other option was to use multiple UVW map modifiers but it also seems that only one of the UVW map modifiers are being applied to the object at a given time.

I understand that the scaling is just the tiling effect for the modifier, but my problem is that I want individual tiling on different polygon faces on the same element.
Otherwise I get the same tiling for all faces and I get what I have below.

EDIT: Nvm, thank you for the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bsNKz4kRQI

wallworm

There are lots of things not covered... but that old video should help explain some things. I fear it likely has some information after 4 years .... :/

When it comes to doing UV work on brushes, you are likely going to find the easiest method for controlling UVs this way:

Pipann

I always use Unwrap UVW. There you can control however the mapping looks.

wallworm

Unwrapping is a necessary function in many cases. But unwrapping BRUSH GEOMETRY is often not optimal except when using the flatten-mapping and the likes. For the most part, doing unwraps on brush geometry makes the process take longer than other methods.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk