2.839 Wall worm + 3ds max 2016 crashes when compiling a model

Started by Dosentti, July 25, 2016, 06:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dosentti

3ds max 2016 version: 18.0 SP3

I have a model that I want to compile and then do another version of it by rotating part of it and compiling again. Same thing happens when I try this with any other model.

I compile the first model and it goes through very well. Then after modifying I make new hull for it and I select new hull. Then I try to compile it and it doesn't start that normal cmd like it normally does but it just stucks and jams 3ds max. So I have to shut it down from task manager and hope I remembered to save it just before I tried to compile it.

After restart it works normally again if I don't modify the model. But after I modify it again it crashes instead of compiling.

So first compile is normal, second crashes 3ds max.

wallworm

Hi, I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you provide more details:

• Does this happen on all scenes or just one?
  • Is this WW or WW Pro?
  • If not, can you think of anything that you've done differently in this case?

I'll try to reproduce it with scenes here. If I cannot, I will need a copy of your scene.

wallworm

I could not reproduce this. So you may need to do a screen recording and explain what you are doing in it.

Dosentti

Sorry, didn't remember to check my post afterwards until now..

This happens on all scenes I have tried it with and I'm using free WW.

I'm don't know what's causing it but I'll provide you some futher info when I bump into this next time.

I was so damn frustrated when I posted this topic that I just shut down my whole pc after posting this :D I Didn't take screens or anything :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk