Model compile issue: script file exceeded MAX_INCLUDES

Started by the6thmonkey, August 13, 2016, 02:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the6thmonkey

Unfortunatley I am experiencing another issue.  I have found a workaround but I was wondering if I could fix the problem that I have encountered properly.  The problem that I encountered, is that a model of mine will no longer compile under its original name.  The compile issue is shown below:

I found that this issue could be remedied by changing my models name, and by then compiling under a new name, which isn't ideal.  I believe that this issue was caused by using proxies incorrectly.  I have tried deleting all the related proxies in the scene but this does not allow me to fix the issue.  Any ideas would be welcome, cheers  :)

wallworm

the6thmonkey

Sorry for the delay, had to finish some other stuff:

One that fails to compile:
// QC File generated by the Wall Worm Model Tools Version 2.839
// Exported From: C:\3dsMAX_Project_Folder\nmrih\scenes\beaut_contest.max
// Get the latest version and notes at:
// http://dev.wallworm.com

$scale 1.0
$modelname "the6thmonkey/stonedblewindow.mdl"
$staticprop
$body stonedblewindow "stonedblewindow.smd"
$contents "solid"
$cdmaterials "the6thmonkey"
$sequence idle "stonedblewindow" activity ACT_IDLE -1 fps 1

$include "stonedblewindow_wwmt_custom.qci"

One that compiles:
// QC File generated by the Wall Worm Model Tools Version 2.839
// Exported From: C:\3dsMAX_Project_Folder\nmrih\scenes\beaut_contest.max
// Get the latest version and notes at:
// http://dev.wallworm.com

$scale 1
$modelname "the6thmonkey/stonedblewindow1.mdl"
$staticprop
$body stonedblewindow1 "stonedblewindow1.smd"
$cdmaterials "the6thmonkey"
$sequence idle "stonedblewindow1" activity ACT_IDLE -1 fps 1

$include "stonedblewindow1_wwmt_custom.qci"

It appears that the problem may have something to do with $contents "solid" which appears to be automatically added if the models name is "stonedblewindow" but not "stonedblewindow1"

wallworm

Contents Solid should have nothing to do with that. How about the QCI File? Is there anything in it? Open the failing model in WWMT and click the QCI button. It's possible that has commands breaking it.

But if it is the contents, you can change that in the Collision Model rollout. Old versions of WW required a value and defaulted to solid... but new version lets you clear it.

the6thmonkey

I've found the issue and the solution, for some reason the broken qci had two commands inserted into it:

//File for injecting custom rules. Safe to edit. Do not delete.

I simply removed the commands and it began working again.  Still not sure how the commands got in there though

wallworm

That's very odd.

The only thing I can think of is that the QC was re-imported? When using the QC Importer, all commands that aren't controlled by WWMT are dropped into the QCI file... which includes $includes. The importer will just append to the QCI file instead or overwrite it. So this is the best guess I have.

the6thmonkey

It may have happened when I tried  creating a proxy the wrong way and then reimported the model.  I'll make sure to follow the proxy instructions next time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk