Random error that is preventing my exporting

Started by MatlaS, August 18, 2016, 06:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatlaS

TL;DR : I cannot export jack-crap due to an unknown error, something relating to a "editable spline".

So very recently (Approximately two days ago to be exact.) I have learned to animate source engine view models, of course being the plebeian that I am, I am exporting a certain one to Garry's mod to begin coding my own weapon with.  I am making a sword of course because, for some reason melee weapons attract me in some aspect. That being said, http://imgur.com/a/yByF0 THIS is what it looks like so far, pretty much nothing wrong, the rig is the only one I've found that is available and, my only source for any of this, does not know how to use WW. The reason for this is simply, he uses 2012 and uses the basic importer and exporter for source related filetypes, so he just doesn't get the error that I get, of course. The error comes as following :

-- Runtime error: Cannot get mesh from this object: Editable Spline

Keep in mind, I am still quite new to all of this. I will now explain the process I am taking to export this : Since the ref is done (yes, this is my ref.) Open the wallworm tab, and go to wallworms export tools > DMX/VTA/SMD file export > I am greeted by this quite.. confusing window, which of course has a big EXPORT button http://imgur.com/a/lT0gs > I click export and then I receive a small window that gives me the error, I simply click out of the error and now any time I click anywhere on the export menu, my computer gives me the windows error sound.

Any extra info would be that I use 2014, and my file name that I am attempting to export it as is TemplarSwordref.smd. If any extra info is needed, please do ask, keep in mind that I may NOT know what you're talking about, please don't be furious at my ignorance or lack of pure intelligence. Further apologies for crappy formatting of this post.

wallworm

I'm sorry you are having this error.

Please start over and reproduce the steps and as soon as the error happens, hit F11. Now copy the entire error from that window and paste here. It will help isolate the problem.

MatlaS

Welcome to MAXScript.

-- Error occurred in getAllFaces(); filename: D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormSMD.mse; position: 19020; line: 606
--  Defined in encrypted script
--   called in setFacesAndVertices(); filename: D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormSMD.mse; position: 19148; line: 611
--   called in ob loop; filename: D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormSMD.mse; position: 83807; line: 2373
--   called in outputTriangles(); filename: D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormSMD.mse; position: 98736; line: 2760
--   called in outputSMD(); filename: D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormSMD.mse; position: 109905; line: 3083
--   called in exportSMD(); filename: D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\wallwormSMD.mse; position: 112100; line: 3173
--   called in btnExport.pressed(); filename: D:\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\WallWorm.com\rollouts\smdexport.ms; position: 18190; line: 388
--  Frame:
--   fileType: "SMD(*.smd)|*.smd"
--   filename: "C:\Users\Poket\Desktop\GARRYS MOD MODDING STUFF\4k sword anims\TemplarRef.smd"
--   fname: "\TemplarRef.smd"
--   exportCaption: "Export SMD"
--   nodes: #($LHand Control, $RHand Control, $Civilian Mesh, $Combine Mesh, $DoD Mesh, $HEV Mesh, $Chell Mesh, $CSS Arms, $Refugee Hands, $Refugee Arms, $templarsword_reference001, $FP Camera, $ExposeTransform002, $Point002, $RArm Control, $LArm Control, $Point001, $ExposeTransform001, $ValveBiped.Bip01_Spine4, $ValveBiped.Bip01_L_Clavicle, ...)
--   initialFtype: ".smd"
--   desel: true
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
-- Runtime error: Cannot get mesh from this object: Editable Spline <<

wallworm

If you update WW this bug should be fixed. WW 2.86 fixed the bug.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk