Help needed importing de_cahce.vmf

Started by jonathan, September 10, 2016, 05:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

I am trying to import cache into 3ds max and then export it to cinema 4d for a animation I am working on. I have everything set up correctly because I can for example import Dust2 and Inferno fine without errors. However whenever I try to import de_cache non of the models are showing up. I have extracted the embedded content in the cache bsp, and decompiled the models and converted the vtf's to tga. I then placed the decompiled models in the /modelsrc/ folder where I have with all the other decompiled models and placed the vtf's, vmt's and tga in my /materials/ folder which I use for WW.
When importing the vmf I first import prop library, then make a new document and then select import models and then import the vmf.
Is this the wrong way to go about importing de_cache? If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate that.
Thank you
Jonathan

Joris Ceoen

Quote from: jonathan on September 10, 2016, 05:27:26 AM
I am trying to import cache into 3ds max and then export it to cinema 4d for a animation I am working on. I have everything set up correctly because I can for example import Dust2 and Inferno fine without errors. However whenever I try to import de_cache non of the models are showing up. I have extracted the embedded content in the cache bsp, and decompiled the models and converted the vtf's to tga. I then placed the decompiled models in the /modelsrc/ folder where I have with all the other decompiled models and placed the vtf's, vmt's and tga in my /materials/ folder which I use for WW.
When importing the vmf I first import prop library, then make a new document and then select import models and then import the vmf.
Is this the wrong way to go about importing de_cache? If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate that.
Thank you
Jonathan
Hey, usually I would come with suggestions to help, but instead, I would wait if I were you, because in just a week or two, a huge update will come to Wall Worm (both free and Pro) that will allow the native importing of MDL's, meaning your problem about models will become irrelevant (= it will become much easier). Wait on Shawn for a better explanation though :S

wallworm

As noted by Joris, the whole process of importing will be streamlined very soon. I'm away from office this week so not answering quickly. But the main thing is that I would take a week off of WW if you are primarily interested in importing levels. The model importer will be all new very soon... both easier and faster.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk